*If you are submitting an invoice on behalf of a subcontractor, please refer to this self-help article instead.
Before submitting a draw request, the details of outstanding invoices must be entered.
- Click on "Projects" in the navigation menu to see a list of all projects on your account.
2. From your All Projects list, select the "In-Progress" project you want to work on.
3. On the Project Summary page, click on the blue "Add" button on the righthand side of the page. Then, select "New Invoice" from the dropdown menu.
4. On the next page, you will be prompted to enter a title and description for the invoice.
5. Fill in the Amount Due for each line item as it correlates to the details of the invoice. (Line item descriptions are entered with the scope of work, so will already exist on the invoices page. You simply enter the Amount Due.)
6. After entering in the Amount Due for each line item associated with the invoice, you will need to select an option for signing a Lien Release.
7a. If you select the first option, a copy of the standard lien release on the Contract Simply platform will appear for you to review and sign electronically.
7b. If you select the second option, you will need to attach a copy of the lien release that you have on file. Click the "Lien release file" button and then select the file that you want to upload.
8. Under the "Additional Attachments" section, upload any documents or photos that you want to be included in the draw request. (This is optional, although we suggest at least uploading a copy of the actual invoice here.)
Then, click on the blue "Submit Invoice" button at the bottom of the page.
Tip: General Contractors can also request invoices from subcontractors on the Scope of Work tab, which will make packaging the draw quicker and allow subs to get paid faster.
Once you have all invoices entered into the system, you are ready to package and submit your draw request.
We're here to help! If you need further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-4SIMPLY.