If you are working with a subcontractor that has not registered their Contract Simply account, there is still a way to manage the relevant invoices and lien releases within the platform. You will first need to navigate to the correct project in your Projects list.
1. Start by clicking on "Projects" in the navigational menu to see a full list of projects on your account.
2. Select the specific project that you want to work on.
3. On the Project Summary page, click on the blue "Add" button and then select "New Invoice" in the drop down menu.
4. Click to add a check mark in the box for "This invoice is being submitted on behalf of a sub". Then, select the specific subcontractor from the drop down menu.
Note: If you have not already assigned line items to the subcontractor that you select, you will be prompted to do so. Once you have taken care of this, you can navigate back to the "Add New Invoice" section and continue.
5. Next, fill in the invoice amount for the relevant line items that are associated with this specific invoice.
6. After entering in the Amount Due for each line item associated with the invoice, you will need to select an option for signing a Lien Release. Because you are submitting the invoice on behalf of someone else, you will need to select option 2 (I already have a lien release...) or option 3 (There is no lien release...)
If you select the second option, you will need to attach a copy of the lien release that you have on file. Click the "Lien release file" button and then select the file that you want to upload.
7. Under the "Additional Attachments" section, upload any documents or photos that you want to be included in the draw request. Then, click on the blue "Submit Invoice" button at the bottom of the page.
You're all done!
We're here to help. Please contact us with any questions or concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-833-4SIMPLY.